Pleasure Seeker, Study Bug or Home Hub – which type of web user are you?
As part of a major survey, we have worked with psychologist Corrine Sweet to create six online character types that illustrate the relationship between people and the online content they consume. But which type of web user are you?
The survey, for BT Infinity broadband, found that almost a quarter of the nation (23%) are Home Hubs – the person with the main household responsibilities, these practical and focused individuals are the highest percentage typology.
This is equal with a more surprising type; the Study Bugs (23%); these conscientious users are keyed into the net being a wonderful resource to aid learning and expand their knowledge. Here are the full results of the survey:
Use this infographic
Just copy the code in the box below and paste it into your blog or website.
- How do you use the web? We surveyed users & psychologist Corrine Sweet created six ‘character types’ from the results Tweet this >
- 23% of web users surveyed are ‘Home Hubs’: security conscious, practical, focused & tech savvy Tweet this >
- 23% of web users we surveyed are ‘Study Bugs’ – mainly using the web to quench their thirst for knowledge Tweet this >
- Are you a Savvy Surfer? 17% of web users we surveyed are. They get the best bargains, deals, vouchers & more Tweet this >
- 12% of web users surveyed are Pleasure Seekers, using the web as escapism. Which type of web user are you? Tweet this >
- 7% of web users surveyed are Life Loggers, spending their time updating Facebook & Twitter. See the survey Tweet this >
- Only 1.2% of web users are ‘Next Steppers’, using the web to further their career & get new opportunities Tweet this >
- Which type of web user are you? We surveyed users & psychologist Corrine Sweet created six character types Tweet this >
Posted by Tim Guest - May 30th 2012 at 13:51
Posted by Tim Guest - January 17th 2012 at 9:56
Posted by BT Life Newsdesk - September 3rd 2012 at 12:50
Posted by BT Life Newsdesk - August 15th 2012 at 14:50
Posted by Tim Guest - July 12th 2012 at 9:40
More articles by Tim Guest
Posted by Tim Guest - October 16th 2012 at 8:00
Posted by Tim Guest - September 18th 2012 at 10:36
Posted by Tim Guest - July 23rd 2012 at 10:30
Posted by Tim Guest - July 20th 2012 at 9:00
Posted by Tim Guest - July 18th 2012 at 9:52
BT is not responsible for any external content or links uploaded by users of the site. Nor does the presence of information or links about other parties' products or services confer any form of endorsement of another party's products or services by BT. Please visit the BT Life user guide for more information.