Get free wi-fi with the new BT FON iPad app
Get our BT FON app to access free, unlimited wi-fi on your iPhone, iPod and iPad whenever you’re in range of one of our two million BT FON and BT Openzone UK wi-fi hotspots.
We’ve listened to your feedback from the original BT FON app and we’ve updated this version to make it even easier to set up and use. Just download the app, enter your BT Internet username and password details and connect. It’s that easy!
You’ll know you’re logged in when the green drop down status bar shows for a few seconds. We’ll even show you on the map all the hotspots in your area, and we’ll automatically update the map as new wi-fi hotspots appear, so you’ll always know where your nearest hotspot is.
Using the app for the first time
It’s now even easier to download the app and get started. Watch the BT Care video:
Or follow these quick instructions:
- Download and open the app and then click on ‘I’m a BT broadband customer’
- Type in your BT internet email address and password
- When you’re in a BT FON or BT Openzone hotspot for the first time, click on Settings on your iPhone or iPad home screen, then wi-fi and choose BT FON or BT Openzone (you only need to do this the first time you use it)
- Open the BT FON wi-fi app and you’ll be automatically logged in
- If you want to connect to your BT Home Hub rather than BT FON, just click Settings on your iPad or iPhone menu screen, select wi-fi and choose your BT Home Hub
If there are any problems, or if you want to get in touch, use the ‘contact us’ button in the app.
Every time you use the app
- Make sure your wi-fi is enabled and you’re in range of a BT wi-fi hotspot. Your iPhone or iPad will automatically connect to BT FON or BT Openzone because you will have connected previously
- Open the app and you’ll be logged in to start using your free, unlimited wi-fi
- Remember, for the best browsing experience at home, click Settings on your iPhone or iPad menu screen, select wi-fi, then click on your BT Home Hub
That’s it! Just download and connect for free wi-fi at over 2 million hotspots throughout the UK.
Posted by Ed Kyte - May 13th 2011 at 10:00
Posted by BT Life Newsdesk - March 13th 2012 at 12:32
Posted by BT Life Newsdesk - November 16th 2011 at 10:18
Posted by BT Life Newsdesk - March 24th 2011 at 14:00
Posted by Sam Calvert - March 18th 2011 at 14:00
More articles by Tim Guest
Posted by Tim Guest - October 16th 2012 at 8:00
Posted by Tim Guest - September 18th 2012 at 10:36
Posted by Tim Guest - July 23rd 2012 at 10:30
Posted by Tim Guest - July 20th 2012 at 9:00
Posted by Tim Guest - July 18th 2012 at 9:52
BT is not responsible for any external content or links uploaded by users of the site. Nor does the presence of information or links about other parties' products or services confer any form of endorsement of another party's products or services by BT. Please visit the BT Life user guide for more information.